Upcoming PAC Events
OCHCH Hits The Hill For The 2016 March on Washington (April 4th - 6th, 2016)
OCHCH members are headed to Capitol Hill in Washington, D.C. for an opportunity to engage with Ohio's Congressional delegation to discuss our industries legislative issues as well as the vital role we play in the U.S. healthcare system.
Each year the National Association for Home Care & Hospice (NAHC) along with its state partners, including OCHCH, hosts an annual trip to Washington DC to address issues critical to our industry. The event is usually scheduled in late March or early April (depending on the congressional calendar) to give members an opportunity to visit one-on-one with the US Congressmen and Senators.
Among the issues we might discuss with our representatives include: Medicare and Medicaid funding, face-to-face reporting issues, DOL overtime litigation, allowing nurse practitioners and physicians assistants to sign orders for home health care, expanding the use of telehealth, and interpretations of CMS rules.
This is an opportunity to make a connection with our federal legislative leaders. This is an important method of communicating industry concerns to Ohio's elected officials.
OCHCH makes appointments with the legislative offices well in advance. OCHCH encourages members from each of Ohio's congressional district to attend as the representatives like to schedule appointments with people who live in their districts.
Tentative Program (Please note that the venues for each event will be announced when finalized)
Sunday, April 3 2016
- 6:00pm - 8:00pm - Informal welcome reception for those arriving early for the March on Washington
Monday, April 4 2016
- 09:30am to 11:30am – Morning Congressional Visits in House and Senate Office Buildings
- 11:30pm to 01:30pm - Free time for lunch (list of area restaurant choices will be provided)
- 01:30pm to 05:00m – Afternoon Congressional Visits in House and Senate Office Buildings
- 06:00pm - Evening Free
Tuesday, April 5, 2016
- 08:00am to 10:00am - Capitol Hill Breakfast & Briefing in the Senate Caucus Room
- 10:30am to 05:00pm - Congressional Visits in House and Senate Office Buildings
- 06:30pm to 08:00pm - NAHC & the Texas Association for Home Care & Hospice Dinner & Reception
Wednesday, April 6, 2016
- 08:00am to 09:00am - Ohio Senator Rob Portman’s Constituent Coffee (Photo Op with Senator)
- 09:30am to 12:00pm - Congressional Visits in House and Senate Office Buildings (if necessary)
- 12:00pm - End March on Washington program
There is no cost to attend the 2016 March on Washington as part of OCHCH's delegation. Participants are responsible for their own travel and hotel cost for the March. If you are a member of NAHC, please note that they do offer an additional members-only legislative briefing that does require a registration fee. While they have not released details about this briefing you can contact them for additional information.
We invite you to join us as we March on Washington! For more information or to sign-up, please contact John Stacy at email@example.com or at 614-885-0434 x204
PAC Regional Teams
OCHCH-PAC is your voice for home care and hospice issues in Ohio. The PAC team is based on regions to better connect with elected officials across the state. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out about local events in your area.
Bellefontaine / Columbus / Lancaster / Newark / Marion / Zanesville
Akron / Ashtabula / Cleveland / Wooster / Youngstown
Cincinnati / Dayton / Wilmington
Bowling Green / Lima / Mansfield / Toledo / Van West
|Southeast||5||Athens / Cambridge / Gallipolis|
None at this time.
Top PAC Supporters
(As of November 1, 2016)
- Deb Albaugh, Union Hospital Home Health
- Chuck Bradley, Constance Home Healthcare
- Jeremy Markewicz of Maxim Healthcare Services
- Wanda Stackpole, Nationwide Children's Hospital
- Debra Studer, Interim HealthCare
- Michael Vallee, Ohio Valley Home Health, Inc.
CLICK HERE > View Contributors
OCHCH PAC Endorsement Request
OCHCH Political Action Committee Members
- David Tramontana, CEO Home Care by Black Stone, Chair
- Susan Morrison, Home Health by Windsor
- Karen Thompson, SOMC Home Health
If you would like to be engage with our political advocacy efforts, please contact John Stacy, Director of Advocacy and Communications at John@ochch.org or call 614-885-0434 x204.