The Ohio Council for Home Care & Hospice (OCHCH) is a non-profit association that serves as the voice of health care at home in Ohio, advocating on behalf of the industry and the individuals and families we serve.
We are a valuable resource to our members and provide continuing education with our workshops, webinars, online learning solutions, regional regulatory meetings, as well as our Annual Conference and Trade Show. We have a staffed help desk for regulatory and procedural questions and finally, we provide a community of agencies to provide support and help each other find success in serving others!
OCHCH offers educational opportunities as part of a comprehensive set of tools and resources to support your agency’s clinical skills, managerial operations, and regulatory requirements. From frontline caregivers to health care executives, OCHCH education programs ensure agencies have the tools they need to thrive.
As the voice of health care at home in Ohio, OCHCH works together with our members to speak assertively and thoughtfully for the interests of the industry. OCHCH ensures our members’ interests are protected and supported by working alongside legislators and other policymakers.
OCHCH members get answers to the toughest compliance, reimbursement, and regulatory questions. Our Help Desk Online and our regulatory experts ensure members receive support for questions dealing with complex subjects.
- Electronic Visit Verification (EVV) is used by homecare providers to verify each visit, this ensures quality care is always delivered, creates accurate records, and simplifies reimbursement processes. . Generations Homecare System offers its users in Ohio an interface to Sandata. This means that homecare providers in Ohio using Generations Electronic Visit Verification meet requirements under [...]Learn More
Combatting Loneliness in Older Adults A Guide for Homecare Professionals Did you know that loneliness is deadlier than smoking? In fact, studies show that social isolation is as great a risk factor for early death as heart disease, obesity, and physical inactivity. Loneliness has been a growing problem for decades, and it’s only been made […]
- Start Date: 9/21/2021 9:00 AM EDT End Date: 9/21/2021 5:00 PM EDT Venue Name: Virtual Event Organization Name: Ohio Council for Home Care and Hospice Contact:Learn MoreRyan Crawford Email: email@example.com Phone: (614) 885-0434THIS IS A VIRTUAL EDUCATION EVENT Program Description: OCHCH is excited to introduce this new workshop, designed for hospice professionals that are stepping into a management role. This program provides hospice-specific information that helps leaders and managers develop the skills they need to meet the challenges and changes they face in managing successful hospice programs, systems and caregivers. Our introductory Hospice 101 course provides the basics of hospice care operations. Hospice 201 is the next level. This workshop offers suggestions for identifying the clinical issues that impact financial performance, and offers guidance on managing the relationship between the quality, clinical and the financial areas of the agency. We’ll also provide strategies to refine and improve billing performance, reduce denials, improve profitability, and increase quality outcomes. Program Objectives:
- Describe the role of hospice care in population care management.
- Identify current state/ federal legislation and regulations affecting hospice care programs.
- Describe methods to enhance the financial performance of a hospice program.
- Describe how to manage staff performance to enhance agency reputation.
- Identify the challenges and strategies to improve billing performance and reimbursement issues.
- Identify opportunities and challenges posed by new quality reporting requirements for hospice programs.
- Discuss current issues impacting the provision of hospice care in a long term care facility.
- Identify useful operations management techniques through the use of dashboards and benchmarking.
- Start Date: 9/28/2021 9:00 AM EDT End Date: 9/29/2021 5:00 PM EDT Venue Name: Virtual Event Organization Name: Ohio Council for Home Care and Hospice Contact:Learn MoreRyan Crawford Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: (614) 885-0434
Conference Details: Current Breakout Session Agenda - Click Here! Breakout Session Objectives - Click Here! Pricing Options: Member Individual- $199 10 Attendees (or less)- $499 11 or More Attendees- $549 Non-Member Individual- $299 10 Attendees (or less)- $799 11 or More Attendees- $849 If your agency purchased the All Access Education Pass at the beginning of 2021, your agency will have a flat $449 rate for the conference. If you have questions or issues, please reach out to email@example.com Please use this form to register!!
THIS WILL BE A VIRTUAL EDUCATION EVENT Description: The purpose of this virtual workshop is to give attendees an up-to-date overview of the operations of a Medicare/Medicaid certified hospice. The participants will gain knowledge of the Conditions of Participation (CoP), describe Medicare certification and licensure, define hospice core services, levels of care, plans of care, notice of election, revocation, discharge and transfer. A brief overview of the billing process for Medicare and Medicaid and the basic elements of cost reporting will also be provided. Who Should Attend: This program is developed for newly certified hospice staff including administration and clinical; new staff of an existing hospice; social workers, and private duty hospice administrators considering becoming Medicare certified. This virtual workshop will address:
- Coverage and services available under the Hospice Medicare Benefit
- Conditions of Participation specific to the Hospice Medicare Benefit
- Coordination of care requirements for the hospice patient in a nursing facility
- Medicare’s billing and reimbursement processes for hospice care
- Hospice program differences between Medicare and Ohio Medicaid
- Strategies for managing hospice patients under a PASSPORT/Waiver service plan
- Operational processes important to hospice care and program management
- Available resources related to hospice care delivery and program management
Donate to PAC
OCHCH is building a coalition of champion policymakers and we need your support! By donating today, you can help keep public officials in office that support our industries and champion our issues. Let’s create the future together.