Bulletin Format Update!
Hi everyone! You will notice that there are quite a few changes with the bulletin this week!
We have been thinking of ways to streamline the bulletin so that you can see all that we have to offer without getting overwhelmed by a giant email! So here are some of the changes we’ve made:
- Bulletins will now be archived! Just sign into the member portal, look at the menu on the left (on a PC or below on a mobile device) and you will start to see archived bulletins for easy access!
- The email will be HIGHLIGHTS of the Bulletin- more like an index. The emails will start to get shorter and easier to read.
- The Bulletin will be posted EVERY Tuesday around 4 PM, so you can go to ochch.org and check it out whether you get the email or not!
- To Read the full bulletin, go to the member portal and log in. http://members.ochch.org/
- The bulletin will be on the menu on the left (or down below on a mobile device). This is where you will find the full content of the bulletin every week! We will be reminding you of this every week!
- If you are NOT a member, this is a great reason to become one! https://members.ochch.org/assoc_subscribe.asp
- HOME HEALTH:PDGM Final Rule Reduces Behavioral Adjustment Cut to 4.36%
- HOME HEALTH: Final OASIS D-1 Data Submission Specifications Now Available
- HOSPICE: Physician Assistants as Hospice Attending Physician
- PALLIATIVE CARE and HOSPICE: CMS Outlines Patient On-boarding in New Serious Illness Payment Model
- HOME HEALTH and HOSPICE: ODH Has Not Received CMS Survey Guidance on Changes to the CoPs
We are happy to welcome our newest sponsor, Complia Health! Click this link to get a Demo of their EVV Alternative Solution!
ANNOUNCEMENT: OCHCH Weekly RCD Conference Calls
OCHCH recently launched an awareness campaign to provide your agency with the assistance, information, resources, and training you need to tackle the challenges of RCD and PDGM. This campaign is called OPERATION: tackle.
You can listen to the November 1st RCD Call Recording (Log into Member Portal)
- HOME HEALTH PATIENT-DRIVEN GROUPINGS MODEL (PDGM) WEBCAST PART ONE: NOVEMBER 21, 2019
- HOME HEALTH PATIENT-DRIVEN GROUPINGS MODEL (PDGM) WEBCAST PART TWO: DECEMBER 5, 2019
Help Desk Question of the Week
Helpdesk Question of the Week –
HOME HEALTH: Register for an iQIES Account – Action Required
Question: Why is it so important to register for an iQIES account now?
Answer: Action Required NOW – The failure to obtain access to iQIES prior to December 23, 2019 will impact your ability to submit assessment data needed for payment purposes, as the system will have a scheduled downtime so that the data migration can occur in preparation for the January 1, 2020 release. Claims that cannot be matched to assessments will be returned to the HHA, preventing Medicare payment.
Regulatory and Policy Digest
- HOSPICE and PALLIATIVE CARE: House Approves Hospice Education Act, Hospice News, October 30, 2019
- HOSPICE: Bill Would Allow Hospice Recertification Via Telehealth, Hospice News,
- HOME HEALTH and HOSPICE: REMINDER – OAHP & MyCare Ohio Plans Long-Term Care Provider Survey, OAHP
- HOME HEALTH and HOSPICE: REMINDER – CMS Pushes Effort to Curb Medicare Fraud,
- HOME HEALTH and HOSPICE: Home Health and Hospice Agencies – In partnership with Health Services Advisory Group (HSAG), we are reaching out to let you know that HSAG is beginning to recruit for CMS’ new initiative, Healthy Communities, and would like you consider joining in.
- HOSPICE and HOME HEALTH: Hospice and Home Health Claims Processing Issues Log, Palmetto GBA
News Clips and Links
- PALLIATIVE CARE and HOSPICE: Lack of Palliative Care Definition Impacts Patients, Hospice Business, Hospice News, November 4, 2019
- HOSPICE: Hospices Leverage Social Media Marketing, Hospice News, October 30, 2019
- HOSPICE: MORE PATIENTS WITH CARDIOVASCULAR DISEASE DYING AT HOME, HOSPICE NEWS, OCTOBER 30, 2019