Dealing with Problems
If you invest some time and follow the steps outlined in the finding a home care or hospice provider section of this website, you most likely will receive high-quality home care that is safe and effective. If a problem develops, you should first contact the home care agency’s chief administrator or clinical supervisor.
If the problem cannot be resolved or you would like to issue a complaint, notify the:
- Ohio Health Departments Complaint Hotline, 1-800-342-0553 (This should only be used if the agency is Medicare certified.)
- Better Business Bureau – www.bbb.org
- Adult Protective Services at 1-800-266-4346 (in state only)
- State Long-Term Care Ombudsman at 1-800-282-1206
- State Attorney General’s Consumer Protection at 1-800-282-0515 or click here.
- The Attorney General’s Patient Abuse Hotline at 1-800-642-2873.