Series Overview: Home health clinicians encounter all types of medications in their patients’ medicine cabinets and it is important that they are well-grounded in pharmacology. This webinar series will cover the key principles of pharmacology and review medications used to treat common diseases and conditions. Series participants will learn concepts important to the use of medications in patients including common terminology, the effect of comorbid disease or concomitant medications on therapeutic and toxic effects, and special considerations based on a patient’s age and comorbidities. To introduce pharmacy practice, the session will discuss routes of drug administration and general time to onset of effect, advantages, and disadvantages of various drug information sources, and will provide recommendations on medication history taking and medication reconciliation in the patient’s home. Medications Used in the Treatment of Pain and Inflammation December 16, 2020, 3:00 pm – 4:00 pm
- Explain the general step-wise approach to the treatment of pain.
- Given a patient’s medication list, identify which medications are primarily being used to treat pain or inflammation.
- Identify basic therapeutic effects and common adverse effects for the medications used to treat pain and inflammation
- Explain the rationale for the use of two or more pain medications together in combination
This is the second part to the original November course for follow-up. Please be sure to sign up for the November webinar FIRST. OCHCH is proud and excited to bring you a new education series "Trauma Informed Care for Veterans". This two part series targeted audience will be Hospice, Palliative Care and Home Health nurses, social workers and chaplains. Course Description: The impact of trauma especially trauma experienced in war, is far reaching and affects every aspect of life. By implementing a trauma-informed care approach, both staff and clients work together in a framework that produces improved outcomes. This Trauma Informed Care training program will equip nurses, social workers and chaplains to better understand the impact of Trauma in the lives of Veterans. This program will equip your staff to better serve your local Veteran population resulting in improved care. The training program will consist of five elements:
- Trauma Informed Care for Veterans webinar #1—June 24
- Participants will be given a link to a series of three Trauma Informed Care trainings which have CEs attached and are each one hour in length. The participants will have until July 8, 2020 to complete the trainings.
- Trauma Informed Care for Veterans webinar #2 –July 14
- Doing the work
- Provider Support Calls
- Trauma Informed Care background
- VA/local Hospice Partnership
- VA Telemental Health
- VA Benefits
- How the Trauma Informed Care for Vets program will work
- Veteran Resources
- Questions and Answers