HOME CARE 101
October 15 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
The purpose of this introductory program is to give attendees an up-to-date overview of the operations of a Medicare certified home health agency. The participants will gain knowledge of the Conditions of Participation (CoPs), Medicare Manuals (defines PPS billing requirements, plan of care completion, and skilled, intermittent, homebound, reasonable and necessary care), an overview of survey preparation and process, and the role of clinicians in driving financial results. Individuals will gain an understanding of the role of OASIS and adverse events in agency operations. The Ohio Home Care Program (Medicaid) and PASSPORT will also be discussed. This program offers continuing education credits to RNs, LPNs.
This program will address:
- Informational links and resources of federal and state governments.
- CoPs and the requirements for survey.
- OASIS, OBQI/OBQM reports used by an agency.
- Fundamentals of HIPPA (Code Sets, Privacy, Security)
- Guidelines for home health eligibility – skilled care/homebound
Lunch and continental breakfast are included in the registration fee.
Registration opens at 8:30am