- This event has passed.
April 21, 2022 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Start Date: 4/21/2022 9:00 AM EDT
End Date: 4/21/2022 5:00 PM EDT
Venue Name: Virtual Event
Organization Name: Ohio Council For Home Care and Hospice
Phone: (614) 885-0434
THIS WILL BE A VIRTUAL EDUCATION EVENT
Description: The purpose of this virtual workshop is to give attendees an up-to-date overview of the operations of a Medicare/Medicaid certified hospice. The participants will gain knowledge of the Conditions of Participation (CoP), describe Medicare certification and licensure, define hospice core services, levels of care, plans of care, notice of election, revocation, discharge and transfer. A brief overview of the billing process for Medicare and Medicaid and the basic elements of cost reporting will also be provided.
Who Should Attend: This program is developed for newly certified hospice staff including administration and clinical; new staff of an existing hospice; social workers, and private duty hospice administrators considering becoming Medicare certified.
This virtual workshop will address:
- Coverage and services available under the Hospice Medicare Benefit
- Conditions of Participation specific to the Hospice Medicare Benefit
- Coordination of care requirements for the hospice patient in a nursing facility
- Medicare’s billing and reimbursement processes for hospice care
- Hospice program differences between Medicare and Ohio Medicaid
- Strategies for managing hospice patients under a PASSPORT/Waiver service plan
- Operational processes important to hospice care and program management
- Available resources related to hospice care delivery and program management
Kathy Royer, RN, MBA, DMin, CHPN, CHPCA is the hospice regulatory director for the Ohio Council for Home Care and Hospice. She is a registered nurse with more than 23 years of experience in hospice. She served as a corporate division director with a demonstrated history of improvement in quality scores. She has expertise in hospice and hospital environments. Kathy is skilled in corporate leadership development, operations management, regulatory consultation, coaching, Palliative Care, team building, and as a cultural change agent.