October 29 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
OCHCH is excited to introduce this new workshop, designed for hospice professionals that are stepping into a management role. This program provides hospice-specific information that helps leaders and managers develop the skills they need to meet the challenges and changes they face in managing successful hospice programs, systems and caregivers. Our introductory Hospice 101 course provides the basics of hospice care operations. Hospice 201 is the next level. This workshop offers suggestions for identifying the clinical issues that impact financial performance, and offers guidance on managing the relationship between the quality, clinical and the financial areas of the agency. We’ll also provide strategies to refine and improve billing performance, reduce denials, improve profitability, and increase quality outcomes.
- Describe the role of hospice care in population care management.
- Identify current state/ federal legislation and regulations affecting hospice care programs.
- Describe methods to enhance the financial performance of a hospice program.
- Describe how to manage staff performance to enhance agency reputation.
- Identify the challenges and strategies to improve billing performance and reimbursement issues.
- Identify opportunities and challenges posed by new quality reporting requirements for hospice programs.
- Discuss current issues impacting the provision of hospice care in a long term care facility.
- Identify useful operations management techniques through the use of dashboards and benchmarking.
Lunch and continental breakfast are included in the registration fee.