April 8 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
OCHCH is excited to provide this introductory program to provide attendees an up-to-date overview of the state requirements for a Medicare/Medicaid and Department of Aging certified home health agency. Participants will gain knowledge of each of the Medicaid Programs’ Conditions of Participation (CoPs) and rules; the required coordination of services with or without case management; the role of Medicaid’s oversight contractor, and Medicaid managed care. Discussion will include the following Medicaid programs: State Plan Home Health and Private Duty Nursing Services, Ohio Home Care Program, PASSPORT Waiver; and Assisted Living Waiver.
The main components and requirements of “basic” state plan Medicaid
- Improve coordination of “basic” state plan Medicaid services with Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) waivers
- “Basic” and “related” state plan Medicaid services included are – Home health (HH) services – Private duty nursing (PDN) services
The main components and requirements of HCBS waiver services
- Improve coordination of HCBS waivers with “basic” state plan Medicaid services
- HCBS include: Ohio Home Care Waiver; PASSPORT Waiver, and Assisted Living Waiver
- Waiver alignment of the departments of Medicaid and Aging.
Kathy Royer, RN, MBA, DMin, CHPN, CHPCA is the Regulatory Director for the Ohio Council for Home Care and Hospice. She is a registered nurse with more than 22 years of experience in hospice. She served as a corporate division director with a demonstrated history of improvement in quality scores. She has expertise in hospice and hospital environments. Kathy is skilled in corporate leadership development, operations management, regulatory consultation, coaching, Palliative Care, team building, and as a cultural change agent.