- This event has passed.
Palliative Care & Hospice Nursing Assistant Review: CHPNA Exam Preparation
October 28 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
This a Virtual Workshop
During this workshop, to refresh the student with material aligning with the test plan in preparation for taking the Certified Hospice & Palliative Nursing Assistant (CHPNA) certification examination given by the Hospice & Palliative Credentialing Center (HPCC).
- Overview of Hospice and Palliative Care Nursing Assistant Practice
- Review Nursing Assistant role in pain and symptom management
- Discuss ethical issues in Hospice and Palliative care
- Discuss the importance of communication with patients, families and care providers
- Review cultural considerations
- Discuss spiritual care, loss and bereavement in hospice care
- Review care at the end of life
- Discuss Nursing Assistant personal and professional development
Kathy Royer – OCHCH